Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How am I a reflection of my relationships?

My English teacher assigned that question, and I am not sure what exactly it means.





Is it asking how does my relationships with other people make me who I am? How am I supposed to word that in my paper?How am I a reflection of my relationships?
The first relationship we have with others is 'thought' .. you think about, who are they, what are they, what do I like about them .. etc. etc., you have compiled a 'picture' of them and their character within your Psyche .. hence you have created a mental 'relationship' with them .. it is on this premise that your unconscious mind allows the sub conscious mind to adapt or modify your behavior to suit the 'relationship' you have formed . This relationship will then alter, adapt, modify and re-define itself with more input of information into your conscious mind.


Having built a relationship you can now move on to being 'friends' (various levels) with this development you have created a (1) set pattern of behavior within your unconscious mind (2) a set pattern of return behaviors within your sub conscious mind and (3) a visible set of actions within your conscious mind, triggered by the preemptive(s) within your psyche .. thus you have become a 'reflection of your relationship'; since you are behaving the way the relationship has instructed you to do .. Marcus Aurelius made this observation in 150 A.D. when he quoted ';Our life is what our thoughts make it';How am I a reflection of my relationships?
I think you're on the right track. You can start with your relationship with your parents. Are you an obedient, dutiful daughter always trying to please or are you rebellious and independent seeking to do things your way or no way? Next you can progress to your relationships with teachers and see how they mirror your relationship with your parents. Do the same with friends. Are you the leader of your group or more of a follower?


A simple introductory sentence would go like this. ';It is our interactions and relationships with others in our life that shape who we are and who we become.';

No comments:

Post a Comment