Thursday, May 13, 2010

Why do certain people feel more accomplished in relationships, and others enjoy single life more?

I'm one of the guys who would love nothing more than to have a pretty girl to come home and spend time with every day, but so many say single is better....why do they/you feel this way or don't? I know you don't have to answer to anybody, but in the 2 years my ex and I spent together I never felt trapped or not-free in any way....what do you prefer and how has it changed over time?Why do certain people feel more accomplished in relationships, and others enjoy single life more?
Some people like being single for various reasons. They feel more free and feel as though they have more space to do their own things. The possibly explanation to this is because sometimes their partner gets too clingy and needy, so they feel pressurized to do their own interests and activities.


It can also be that they don't want to be committed to one person, and want to have the rights to go around with ';the field';, than actually getting the status of officially being with someone.


It can be past trauma with their exes so they prefer to stay single.


There are many reasons to this, and it really depends on the person and their opinions.





On the other hand, some people like being in relationships.


They like feeling loved, and love having the idea of being with a person sexually. They want to spend their moments with that one person, and be with them by their side as long as possible. And the list goes on, being so the reasons are rather clear and obvious.





Everyone is different, and their point of views can change through time. When they experience some kind of situation, and slowly their opinions alters. Its just like how we all change through other circumstances. Like about work, life, etc.Why do certain people feel more accomplished in relationships, and others enjoy single life more?
being single feels like im a free man again back in jungle to mate lol .
It all depends on the part of the life you're in. Some people prefer the power to pick and choose the person to be with, ie;single. Single people don't have to commit and open up to one person, and that can be a scary thing. They can keep it as impersonal as they want. People that prefer relationships like sharing all of themselves with one person. It is a deeper level of connection than being single. Sharing all of yourself can be a very terrifying thing. Vulnerability is not everybody's cup of tea. My opinion definitely has changed over time, in middle school and high school, I was a very awkward kid. I always preferred being single because I knew I couldn't get a date. I was much happier not worrying about boys. Now that I met my current boyfriend of a year and a half in college, I much prefer being in a relationship. I'm at a time in my life where I want to share my memories to someone who knows and loves every part of my personality. I much rather connect with someone emotionally and romantically than play the field.





I hope this has answered your question!!


Have a wonderful day!!


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment