Thursday, May 13, 2010

How to reach out to people or make relationships?

I have been living alone for some time. Sometimes, I realized that it's been too long that I have been in my shell and it's time to reach out. Can you help me?How to reach out to people or make relationships?
Hi...I want to clarify something....





How do you want to reach out to people?..like as a volunteer?...serving in the community at a Local Food Bank or shelter....baking cookies...visiting a nursing home......or sending flowers to a shut-in or someone who's ill....in the hospital or at home...





Make relationships.....do you want to make friends...find romance?...





ok....I need to say that this is really two questions in one....





I am in the same boat been sort of on my own......I have old friendships...Friends....that I haven't had contact with for a long time...and I really do not want to rekindle any of those old relationships....





I want to start afresh...and make all new friends...





I have a broad array of interests...which is good...it makes it easy for me to connect with people on all different kinds of levels...background interests (arts, music, books-studies, movies/ entertainment and, life in general...) but it's hard for me to narrow my acquaintances to choose what type of person is actually the good friend for myself to spend more time with......





The best way to reach out/make relationships...is to make yourself interesting...not to sit at home...get out and be available....exchange information with people you meet...give them your email...see if this leads to other invitations...





playing videos games...reading novels..or keeping to yourself...whatever it may be..





Get out of the house...go have dinner...get a part-time job....learn something new....something you've always want to do...and JUST DO IT!! (like sky-diving, rock climbing, roller skating...)whatever....





...sign yourself up for dance lessons...join a book club....start selling Pampered Chef products and host house parties....or just cruise the mall talking to people that you see that have similar interests....when you see someone looking at the most gorgeous vase (at least you and this stranger are admiring)...comment on it...and say ';Don't you just think that's the most beautiful vase you've ever seen?!?!';....';I would love to have that in my house...';and just strike up conversation...





at the grocery store GREAT place to meet people...and during daily routines...





....join a club...YMCA....go to the gym...





Sometimes it only takes a word like ';hi';...to make a life-long friend....





Please NOTE...this are only ideas...there is no perfect way to find friends...





but if you do not succeed at connecting with the first person you meet or talk with....do not get discouraged...there will always be another person that needs a friend like you...just give it some time....








and as you make these connections...have a get together at your house...plan some games/cards..have some beverages and snacks at hand...and just enjoy good times with your new relationships


How to reach out to people or make relationships?
Join a club of interest, join a sport, hobby or get a part time job....this will make you have to interact with others, and maybe form good friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment