Sunday, May 9, 2010

How do people in long-distance relationships get married?

I understand that it's difficult to keep up, but possible... However, since people in a LDR can only see each other maybe once a month or less, how is that enough time for them to realize that they are compatible for marriage? I mean, isn't there a difference between seeing each other 4-12 times a year and actually living together? How do people in long-distance relationships get married?
İ got married 5 years ago afther one year and a half of a long-distance relationship.. my now husband and me we were in touch trough internet and afther time by phone, when he asked me to marry him i thought that he was having fun of me and i told him that i did not believe in that kind of marriage, but he said he was serious and he would prove me that, he called my parents and told them his intentions, then he fly to my country to meet me in real and we agree that afther that meeting we would decide...it was a nice meetings and then we agree that we would get marry...i moved to his country afther the marriage and i have to say that it has not been easy but afther time we have learn to conciliate and understand each other cultures and way of view...it is not easy step but has to be based in respect and trust. How do people in long-distance relationships get married?
Me and my husband when dating were in a long distant relationship and it was very difficult. What worked for us was that we both agreed to be available via phone to one another no matter what hour it was. We eventually got married and he re-located to where I am. It takes a lot of focus on the relationship and a lot of trust.
With today's technologies, theyr'e able to communicate around the clock. A relationship isn't just about being together physically. It's the same reason that LDR work after marriage today - military spouses and trucker wives are tested by these relationships everyday.
Eventually someone has to relocate. Preferably before they get married.
me and my man talk everyday for hours


even tho he isnt here physically i still love him unconditionally

No comments:

Post a Comment