Sunday, May 9, 2010

How can you be open to relationships and marriages when there is so much negativity surrounding it?

I have a fear of disappointment,rejection and heartbreak so I avoid being with anyone. I wouldn't mind marriage or even a relationship but hearing so much about it's better to be single, and marriages fail keeps me so negative minded. How do you open to love when you see and hear so much negativity plus your only fears/How can you be open to relationships and marriages when there is so much negativity surrounding it?
It's really hard! I am negative about the same thing, parents divorced, most people I know divorced - and these are all lovely, educated, well off people so stastically they are in the low risk group! I was paranoid of rejection so I avoided relationships (wasn't hard) for longer than most people do. Then I eventually agreed to go out with a friend who had loved me secretly for years. I kept trying not to fall for him but I did, I was with him for over 2 years when he suddenly ended it. I've been through a lot of things but this is probably the worst pain ever. Not that I expected it to go for ever, but it could have ended a LOT better both timing-wise and how it happened. So I don't know what to tell you other than yeah relationships do suck and end horribly. I'm going to try not to let it happen again! It is a great feeling being in love but I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it.How can you be open to relationships and marriages when there is so much negativity surrounding it?
Marriages also succeed. They fail when the couples are unwilling to forgive each other. Don't do the thing that ruins relationships fast which is to blame every guy you date for the mistakes the one before him made. Treat each person with a clean slate unless and until they actually do something to sully it. Don't expect people to be perfect. There is no such thing. Be patient. Love is something that grows it isn't something that happens instantly. Don't mistake infatuation for love either.


Marriages do work.
I wouldn't say the single life is ';better';. However, I would say the single life is much **easier**. Marriage can be a very fulfilling relationship but I honestly believe it is not for everyone!!! When I got married at 26 I was not ready. I probably should have waited 10 years longer.





You should never get married because of religious beliefs. Marriage is a very serious commitment that far too many people do not take seriously.





You should not have a fear of disappointment, rejection, and heartbreak. Life is meant to be lived and love is a special thing worth living for even if it means you are heartbroken a few times along the way.
There are good stories too you know. And God does not want you to be fearful. So you open yourself up to the person that you think you can trust and believe. It doesn't happen overnight mind you. Take your time to get to know someone. At some point in time you have to trust somebody. And put it all in God's Hands. Thinking positive will also help. Good Luck and May God Bless you.
Because you shouldn't deprive yourself from love just because relationships around you are failing! My fiance and I have been together for almost 6 years and we don't get tired of each other. You want to know the secret? Don't sweat the small stuff!! Also you have to want to make it work!! And Opposites DON'T attract (maybe at first but it won't last). When you find that special someone, let your gaurd down. You'll be glad you did.
I don't put any emphasis on other people's thoughts, opinions and negativity. I married a wonderful man and we have better things to do rather than listen to bullshit like that.
just be open to love and everything else will fall in place
  • facbook
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment