Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do I have a relationships with a person abused?

I'm in a relationship with a woman who has been physically abused, controlled, and cheated on. As soon as things got serious she becomes withdrawn and emotionally abusive. I've tried talking to her and reassuring her I'm not her ex. She seams to think I don't trust her because I worry about her. We have this one misunderstanding and she calls the whole thing off with out telling me. She just gives me the silent treatment. Is there any way to salvage this relationship.How do I have a relationships with a person abused?
It's not going to be easy. You are just going to have to reassure her but at the same time, tell her it is not fair for her to accuse you. If she is someone you want to spend your life with, get her some counseling. She may never have had any examples of a normal relationship and unable to comprehend a normal one.How do I have a relationships with a person abused?
If you truly think she is the one and want to stay in relationship. Have a long talk with her about how you want to make this work and you need her co-operation. And make a list of what both of you can do.
That has to suck. Wish i could help, but it sounds like she just needs to get past all the stuff...not neccessarily before she can have a relationship...but I dont know if it makes it any better! Just let her know how you feel, and help her get through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment