Saturday, January 23, 2010

What is your pittfall in relationships as a female Asperger?

Do you experience lack of understanding within your family, because they don't want to face up to possible traits they have themselves?What is your pittfall in relationships as a female Asperger?
my family told me bluntly that they wouldn't accept my dx as the truth and that ';there was nothing wrong with me'; and that for 17 years, I was just fine.





My biggest problem as a female aspie is that my family revels in emotional displays, making it impossible for me to understand what they want me to do or understand. I've tried to explain that logic-based arguments are much more effective when speaking to me rather than a noisy outburst which only upsets me, but as typical neurotypicals, the only way they can see as correct is THEIR way.What is your pittfall in relationships as a female Asperger?
Well, Asperger is a tricky diagnosis. If one truly thinks about it it is a little funny. Lack of social understanding combined with a litereral sense of life is always going to turn up mis-understandings and hurt feelings. It is always best to tell the truth (as usual) and hope for the best. Oh, and most people find most aspects Aspergers fascinating... when explained correctly.
  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment