Thursday, January 21, 2010

How do you break out of the habitual things from prior relationships?

I have like a routine from my last boyfriend, but it's more of an obsession. I pick up my cell phone, flip it open, and check my inbox. I keep telling myself to stop because it hurts to remember that he won't be texting me anymore, but I'm drawn to opening it.





How can I break the cycle?How do you break out of the habitual things from prior relationships?
If it was recent, give your emotions time to heal. It sounds like a way of coping for you which is perfectly fine if it makes you feel better. Think about not doing that routine. Does it make you more anxious/sad? Do whatever works for you, and don't beat yourself up about doing that or other similar things that may not make sense. It sounds like your routine was ';shocked'; and it's going to take time, or steps/healing in degrees, for things to be back to normal or for things to change. Good luck :)How do you break out of the habitual things from prior relationships?
Other than putting an elastic band around your phone so you *can't* open it, you really just have to wait this out. It's trite, but time heals all wounds, and eventually you won't hurt so much. Try to distract yourself, and remember that you will get over this.
My boyfriend is how you are. He was with his ex girlfriend for 2 years and she had him conditioned like a damn dog. I say just give yourself time, or find someone to help break that habit for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment