Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why do people who are in relationships forgive cheaters?

The question says it all.





I've never been a fan of second chances or forgiving. I just move on and find better. This girl I know found text messages in her boyfriend's phone talking sexually with other girls, yet she still wanted to work things out and stayed with him.


Feel free to go off into sory mode. I enjoy hearing details about this sort of thing.Why do people who are in relationships forgive cheaters?
I have to agree with Nick, mostly because of my own experiences. Most people that cheat would do it again I suppose. In my own case, I was terrified at the idea of getting married (when I was young, nearly all my parents friends divorced, and some of the marriages I have seen during my life have left me with a deep loathing of the whole institution). It's no excuse, but I doubted whether I was really in love with my boyfriend. I broke up with him, he begged me to get back together. We did, and I spent a long time afterwards agonizing over my decisions. I cheated, and immediately felt so terrible that I was truthful with him. He did forgive me and some time afterwards we got married. It took me all that time to stop feeling scared and realize that I don't always make terrible decisions. Now I know how much in love with him I am, and this is the happiest I have ever been. I couldn't imagine hurting him like that ever again. It was selfish to cheat, but at the same time... some people cheat because they feel they have been forced into a situation they can't deal with, or can't easily extract themselves from. Sometimes it takes time and a lot of introspection to come to terms with how you feel about someone else. It's hard to change yourself though :-)Why do people who are in relationships forgive cheaters?
Sorry, I don't have any story to go with it, but I do have an answer. If a couple is able to work out a solution or a way to get past cheating on eachother, then their relationship could become stronger. It is like overcoming an obstacle, yah know? Make any sence?
well when ppl feel connected to sum1 they usually dont want to let them go so easily..but i dont think i wld forgive sumone cuz itz like this.





u cheated on me.


then you must not love me as much az u keep saying.


but im not a person who cheatz, so i dont really knoe how they feel..
As they say love is blind. Love is deaf. When one loves somebody, He cant see any flaws. He cant see anything bad.. And Though s/he sees anything,he puts the blame on the one whos flirting but not with his girl or her guy.
I don't either 0 tolerance for cheaters.





After someone cheats it's possible to forgive them but the relationship is never quite the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment