Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can long distance relationships really work out?

I like this guy, and he likes me. I know that I can be faithful, but I don't know if I can trust him to be faithful. It's not that I don't trust him, it's his ex-girlfriend and the way she is with him. I basically want to know if long distance relationships are worth the pain that I could possibly endure.Can long distance relationships really work out?
Yes, and they work out great! I've been in one going on 3 years March 25th. I live in NY and she lives in MO. Its tough, requires a lot of patients and even more trust. But we both couldn't be happier! Good luck!!!!!!!Can long distance relationships really work out?
M.P when you wrote ';requires a lot of patients and even more trust. But we both couldn't be happier!'; it just happy me cuz i am also in 1 and me and her dont c each other often.. but i gotta increasemy patients and so does my gf gabby

Report Abuse



im going thru a similar situation i love a guy who lives in flordia and he wont date me becuz hes afraid it wont work out but i know we can make it work......take the chance it will be worth it

Report Abuse



If you really like him just give him a chance. you never know it might work out! :)

Report Abuse



yes, long distance relationship will work out if u really love each other..


e mail me if u want another advice


contentedh@yahoo.com

Report Abuse



I've heard instances where the whole LDR does work out.





The trouble I think with them though is you spend all your time in honeymoon mode meaning every time you see each other it is like you just met and you stay in the feeling of constant infatuation. Makes for a really good time for sure, but long term you need to really be talking about issues that will take the relationship to more of a permanent level. It is my feeling you won't want to pollute the limited time you have together talking about serious issues as that would surely ruin the mood.





And as far as trust goes, if you don't think you can trust him, the relationship won't work no matter if it is LDR or not.
Long distance relationships do work out. It takes lots of work but it can be done.





On a separate issue, if you think there is a problem with his ex-girlfriend, talk to him about it. Honesty is the best answer in any situation. And if he has a problem with it, either keep talking to him about it or let it go and trust him.
Hi, im currently in a VERY long distance relationship and its working pretty good so yeah thats fine :) , about the faithful part its all about wether you really trust him. Tell him how you are feeling and how you are worried about his ex.


Also i personally think long distance relationships are great because it makes seeing your partner so much more special.


Hope this helped
Well, if you REALLY want your relationship to work out, then you should be able to trust him. And I know that it will be hard for you to do, but you have to trust him if you really love him.





Now, to answer if LDR (Yeah, long distance relationships) can work out, my answer is that you should let the guy to be independent. No guy (or woman) likes to be controlled. Let him have his free time. If you haven't actually seen him flirt with this other girl, then you should have no problem at all. Furthermore, i think you should try and talk things out with him; let him know how you feel about this. But don't go ahead and be like ';I saw you with her! YEAAH you're cheating on me. Are you? i want an answer!'; because that can only make him cheat on you and get away from you. Don't question him every minute of the day. Don't ask him where was he, who was he with, what was he doing..., because that is really annoying. I understand you might want to be naive and wonder if he's cheatin on you, but don't overly do it. Don't even THINK about followin him, because he might think you really don't trust him. Have a time to hang out with YOUR friends and don't be so available to him. Hang up the phone: What I mean is, if you are calling him 24/7, STOP. Have a social life of your own. Start a class, idk, do something fun that you enjoy!





Well, i hope this works out for you. Good luck =)
No, I was in your position two years ago and I still find myself regretting it today.


If you're skeptical, just let it wait until you can be together and something that won't work because you might not be meant to be together. just wait it out and everything will be okay. i know it seems hard but there is this quote that i like it goes, ';if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.';
it really isnt. the fact that he isnt around and you dont know whats going on or if you could trust him or not isnt worth it. theres going to be soo many things going on inside your head and its going to kill you that you cant be with him as much. it might work out for the first 2 months or so, but if you have doubts about trusting him and his actions then its not gona work out.
I have had a couple of long distance relationships that did not last long. In the end, it did not work out because both of us felt we needed more closeness.


I did have some pain in my last relationship because when I went to visit my boyfriend I found out he was engaged to be married.


So it goes....
Look, to tell you the truth, NO!


it never works out. i mean you can trust him a lot, but at the end it never works out because you dont see him and your love pasion beome greater and you have to take it out with somebody. it has happened with me. Sorry. but i would say go for it, love is like a rollercoster it has its ups and downs
Depends how Long Distance. If you can see each other every so often, like every other weekend or month then yeah, I'm sure it can. But if you wont be able to see each other for extremely long periods it's far too difficult.


And as for being faithful, talk to him about your fears.


But they are very painful.
i have one im 14 shes 16 i have my doughts at times but its thriving so far i love her lol you can call it whatever you want any one can but ido and i would still love her if we werent together and do whatever i can to help i dread the day im 16 shell be 18 and its ilegal i think it could last that long because what we haves pretty consistante
yes they are. in the end they are worth it. im in one right now. and im not saying i hate it but its just not the right choice because i fight constantly with him, but i can honestly say if you love someone that you shouldnt be worried about it.. love conquers all %26amp; so your just gonna have to trust them.
Wow, I am in one too and will be waiting for the answers. Is your a temporary long distance or permanent? How long have you known him and how long have you dated? Is the ex there? Totally get the you can be faithful but can he thing... Can you IM me to talk?
1st of all, You don't trust him. This can be one of two things-(a) you caught him in the past cheating on you. (b) you are insecure with yourself. Long distance relationships can and do work if both parties believe and trust in themselves and each other.
it all depends.You definetly need trust and faithfulness for a long distance relationship to work. I would know because my ex. boyfriend lived 3 hours away, and we were together a good 6 months. They are definetly worth it if you love your man that much.
I don't think they work out. I tried a couple times but people don't really have that much trust for other people. The only problem is the whole trust issue. If you really like this person, then maybe you should have the long distance relationship.
I've been in a long distance relationship for 8 months now, and never even met the girl. It can be done, you just have to stay strong, and learn to trust each other, and in the end it will work out.
most of the time long distances dont work, but you can try. its a lot of hassle but if you 2 are that close it could work out:) worth a try:) just end it when you cant take it anymore
the truth is, yes you can get hurt. bad. but if you feel your love is strong enough to withstand things or ppl trying to break you up, then its worth a shot. its your judgement call girl!
The ';Odds'; are AGAINST YOU!


Very Rarely, does it work out.





It takes Tremendous~


';Emotional-Intelligence';


for it to work out!
its all about trusting eachother. my dad is in the military so he has had to leave for several deployments and my parents have been together for over 20 years
not really cause if she haven't seen him before or really know him like that she could be in danger BUT she know him so thats okay but i wouldn't do it cause i won't see my boyfriend everyday
no long distance relationships dont last that long.
Not if you don't trust him.
no i dont think their worth it but i mean at the end is about how you feel
if you love each other enough.


it worked for me.
Your Relationship DUNNO.





But I've seen tons of online ';love'; work to marriage. seems to last longer .
yes. its been workin for me for 5 years on feb.


its hard and painful at time but as long as u got love its all good
I'm sorry but they dont work. I'm 13 and I move across state last year and I had a boyfriend. We talked om the phone almost everyday, but finally I had to break up with him cuz I had'nt seen him in like 2 monthes.


sorry
  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment