Saturday, January 23, 2010

How does effexor affect your relationships?

Have your relationships been improved, diminshed because of effexor? I hear this is a great drug for depression but i am cautious.How does effexor affect your relationships?
I have taken it before and I didn't have any problems while on it. I know some depression medications can lower your sex drive, but that didn't happen with me. But it doesn't mean it wouldn't happen to you. Our body chemistry's are all so different from each other. Drugs affect us all in different ways. With medication it's more of a trial and error thing. You have to keep trying until you find one that works for you.


Good luck and God bless.How does effexor affect your relationships?
It's been a wonder drug for me for the past three years. I went through a catalogue of several different anti depressants and was beginning to feel nothing was ever going to help.


I can't say categorically that the depression is gone, but I can say that it takes the edge off those awful thoughts and feelings and so allows me to have some breathing space to cope and to work on the actual reasons behind the depression.


I feel I am nicer to be around than pre efexor, I feel less insular and much less preoccupied with the depressive feelings I was suffocated by.


it might not be for you, depression is such a complex illness to treat that what works for one doesn't do a thing for the next person, but don't give up, and remember that they can take a little while to kick in and take effect. There will be something that treats your depression :)
it can improve depressive symptoms but decrease your sex drive
well it could improve mine if i could get back on the med, i can't afford it so i had to go off of it. for me it is the only thing that works right now and cost is keeping me from taking it. really sux for me and i am not eligible for any financial aid cuz they say i make too much, lol, i'm on ssdi, so go figure

No comments:

Post a Comment