Sunday, January 17, 2010

How does a person with low self ruin relationships with others?

What are some examples? Can a person with low self esteem be 'changed'? How does a person with low self ruin relationships with others?
We usually end up looking for stuff that isn't there. We automatically assume that they will leave us, hurt us, whatever. We sabotage the relationship. We do not feel that we deserve to be loved, cared for, or wanted for whatever reason so we draw to us those who will fulfill that prophecy for us.


How to fix it? You have to learn that you have value as a person. You are not the bad things that have happened to you. You are not a failure even if things in your life have failed. You need to understand that no one can make you happy, only you can make yourself feel anything. You must be able to accept yourself for who you are today %26amp; know that tomorrow you will be similar but not exactly the same. We are shaped by the people we meet, the situations we go through, %26amp; how we react to both. Believe that all things are possible both in yourself %26amp; in life itself.How does a person with low self ruin relationships with others?
People say you have to love yourself before others can love you. Everyone should feel good about themselves. I defiantly think someone with low self esteem can change. I used to have low self esteem but it's loads higher now.








I got mine higher by...





- Making an effort - I make sure all my clothes fit well and suit me and make me feel confident. it isn't about dressing over the top its just about wearing something that makes you feel good. I also make sure my hair looks good.





- I stopped looking at the floor - I stood tall, appearing confident makes you more approachable and eye contact and a smile go a long way.





- I stopped thinking negatively I kept a little book of compliments I received and also wrote down good things that happened to me during the day.





It takes a lot of work but you can gain self esteem. see a counsellor if you think it is stopping you being happy.





Good luck xXx
I agree with the other answers.





But I just want to add- if you are the one hoping that someone else will change, be careful. I wouldn't fall into the trap of being someone's therapist.





You cannot fix them, they can only fix their self. Only when they are making the effort, whether on their own or by seeking therapy, they can change.

No comments:

Post a Comment