Sunday, January 17, 2010

What are some philosophical schools of thought on relationships?

I am just recently opening my eyes to the wonders of philosophy.


I also just got into a relationship.





What are some schools of thought on how a romantic relationship should be dealt with? Like how to handle issues, how to connect better, ect.





I want to inform myself of all the possibilities so that I may pick which I like for myself.





Please stray from writing YOUR opinion.What are some philosophical schools of thought on relationships?
There is a book by a man named Eckhart Tolle, it's called a New Earth. His insights into the human mind and ego were incredibly helpful to me in my life. He's terribly new agey, but if you can get past that, I promise his viewpoints are essential. He borrows some from the Buddhist view of life, without any sort of dogmatic or religious hoo hah. The destruction of the human ego is a very helpful path to take in life.





I find his insights have given me a better outlook on life, one that is universal and not situational.

No comments:

Post a Comment