Wednesday, January 13, 2010

How can I improve my work relationships?

It seems like no one at work likes me, they just tolerate me until my boss can find a valid reason to get rid of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm a good, hard worker but I manage to screw things up. HELP!How can I improve my work relationships?
Do your homework and find something to contribute to each meeting or project on which you are working with others.


Stand your ground respectfully when you think you are right.


Be sure you know what you are talking about.





Be respectful of other rights but not too friendly. People can be like a pack of wolves. They attack the least among them.





Dress appropriately and be on time and work your full 8 hours.


Don't give them any reason to criticize you and don't be a party to criticizing anyone else. You can't get away with it even though others can. Better just to listen and say something neutral if you are in a position where you must say something.





Go by your main boss's office on occasion and talk about your progress on a particular project of which he is aware.





Believe me, I have been in your position. You have to work effectively, build confidence in yourself, and follow the advice above. It will take several weeks but as time goes on they will accept you as one of them.





If for some reason this does not work out, go on to a different job,


even if it is for less money. No reason to spend your work day in misery.How can I improve my work relationships?
Well first let me say that you did not say how you manage to screw things up but I am going to assume that this happens daily. Maybe your boss has not fired you yet because he is hoping that you will eventually catch on. As far as work relationships go - Be nice, friendly, and kind but do not try to be friends with these people, at least not yet. You need to change your image with them. Silence makes no mistakes so I would not always jump into a conversation with these people, but rather do your work and then just be nice to everyone. If you screw things up it may be because you are nervous or it may be because you are not concentrating on the task at hand. Try doing things slower and focus instead of rushing or getting nervous. Play a game with yourself and every day think of something nice about each of your workers. Eventually you may find that you are starting to get along better with them. The one thing I always think to myself when I am around someone I do not want to be around is ';that person is breathing out CO2 which is feeding all the beautiful green plants that I see.';.
flirt. lol jus kidding. :P
Ask somebody why. Ask ';hey I get the impression here I'm not liked why is that';?
Kiss butt. Ask for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment